Thursday, January 22, 2009

Acrylic!



I worked up the nerve to decorate the large acrylic bell. At the suggestion of an online friend, I bought a can of Glass Frost, put a large stencil over the bell, and sprayed - luckily we had a warm day so I could work outdoors. After putting all the bells together on the
ring I added fibers, beads, and a decorated tag for a key holder.

There are so many possibilities on a base of bells! Bells ring joyously at many of life's happiest events, and toll on the saddest days of our lives. We think of Wedding Bells, bells at Easter and Christmas time, bells to ring in the New Year, and bells that mark other religious services. And then there are the everyday bells - for teachers and kids, bells ring in the promise of the year to come, signaling the arrival of Fall. Wouldn't it be fun to record a special family dinner, or a visit to a dude ranch using a "dinner bell" theme? Or a trip to Philadelphia to see the Liberty Bell? Or to commemorate a tour of the great cathedrals of the USA, or of London (Big Ben!), Rome or Paris?

Do you hear what I hear? Happy New Year!

1 comment:

  1. I am so tickled the frost technique looks so good! I am glad it worked well for you and your album is terrific.. If I can help or advise again... ask anytime!
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Leaving_a_Legacy_of_Faith/
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete